Holt-Sunny Ridge will host the Journey of Hope Adoptive Family Camp for adoptees and their parents this summer!
This two-day family camp is designed around the Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)® parenting curriculum for domestic and international adoptees and their families. Even years after their adoption, some children may struggle with behavior regulation, attachment and social skills. With specialized assistance from TBRI practitioners, this camp will equip families with tools and strategies they can use to help their child learn self-regulation skills and deepen family attachment. Other activities include fun sensory games, art and four hours of EAGALA equine therapy!
When: Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: The Ranch of Hope Reins Equine Camp in Hampshire, IL
Cost: $150 per participant.
- If your child lives in a two-parent household, both parents must attend the retreat. A one-parent household with two children must have a trusted caregiver to accompany the additional child. Parents will serve as their children’s “buddy” for our camp!
- Each adult caregiver must receive prior TBRI training, either through Holt-Sunny Ridge, another TBRI practitioner, an ETC conference or online training. Training must be completed by application deadline.
- For Holt-Sunny Ridge’s 8-week TBRI training, register by January 30 for early bird pricing!
- Families must be able to attend BOTH camp days.
- Participating children must be legally adopted, whether through foster care or international or domestic adoption. Please, no non-adopted siblings at this time.
- Children must be in your home for at least one year and be between the ages of 7 and 14.
- Lodging, breakfast and dinner are not included in the retreat price, nor arranged by Holt-Sunny Ridge.
Applications are due by April 22, 2019. There are only a few spots left!
Questions? Contact Pam Shepard at