Congratulations to the amazing women in our Empowering Women, Strengthening Families program! We held a luncheon to celebrate their recent accomplishments.
The Empowering Women, Strengthening Families (EWSF) program exists to empower mothers to independently care for their children through housing support, medical care, educational scholarships and much more.
We celebrated 15 women at the luncheon, and they reached over 60 milestones together! Here are some of the accomplishments from our empowered moms:
- Attended a “Establishing Healthy Relationships” workshop
- Moved to a safer neighborhood near their community college
- Approved for financial aid for college courses
- Moved into a new apartment
- Obtained employment
- Completed a monthly budget to save for a car
- Awarded a Section 8 housing voucher
- Secured domestic violence counseling
- Discharged from therapy for grief and loss
We are so proud of them and all they have accomplished!